Monday, May 31, 2010

BEAUTY & THE BEASTS

>This is going to be a long one... brace yourself<

So the past few days have been absolutely jam packed with pure awesomeness! My weekend pretty much started on thursday, due to the convenient fact that I didn't have to write on friday (exams... joy). So Thursday night I went with my friend Demi to go and watch a good friend of ours, Jason van Wyngaardt, play at Tanz Cafe'. His band has recently been recording some of their stuff with SABC, and have played quite a few gigs, but until thursday I'd never gotten the chance to see them live, and boy oh boy were they insane:) They're called 'Arctic Jinn', they're like a mixture of jazz, funk, rock and everyday awesome music:) Jason is unbelievable on guitar, his performance was seriously jaw dropping. He even played 'Johnny be good', a song I absolutely adore! I also got the chance to catch up with people I'd met earlier this year, another guy named Josh Bristow, which was awesome! But yeah, it certainly was a wonderful way to kick off the weekend:)

Friday morning I had rehearsals, which weren't that bad, short and sweet which worked for me. That night I had been invited to go with Jason to watch Josh (Bristow, from thursday night) play rugby, it was all the way in Roodeport but it was so worth going. However I froze my @$$ off! I didn't realise how cold it was going to get, and wore one jacket, no socks and open shoes (yes, I can be quite the dumb-ass). So while waiting for Josh to play I went and bought myself some rugby socks to keep my feet warm:) So I now own a pair of black and green Roodeport rubgy socks:) I felt pretty hardcore;). Josh played like a beast, but his stupid coach didn't give him enough playing time and sent him off early, but it was still different and I liked it:)

And of course... Saturday... "SEASONS WITHER -Beauty & The Beasts" <--- WOW! It was mind blowing, everything I could ever want in life was right there in that one venue. From Kick ass bands, to amazing people (old friends and strangers), to the Love of my life - ZORAN RAMOS, the lead singer of 'The Dead will tell'. I went crazy when I saw him live, I was even lucky enough to get a picture with him (Sigh...) I then went on to buy their band T-shirt (it's now my favorite, heehee). It really was truly amazing, and - thanks to the amazing mister Rowen - I got to stage dive for the first time ever! It was one of the single most amazing experiences ever, it may seem a little over rated to some, but I loved it, I was carried pretty far too:) and they didn't drop me! yaaaaay! The cage fighting wasn't that amazing, I managed to ignore most of it, but in general I had the sickest time... so much happened but it was all super cool:) (well.. most of it, some retard bit me in one of the moshes though... not cool) but anyway..
Check out some pix!:





  
See the sexy boy in the middle? That's Zoran Ramos, the same guy in the picture with me up at the top! sigh... >hearts<

So yeah, sunday was also pretty cool. Had to go to a choreography rehearsal which killed me, I was so stiff and achy from Saturday that dancing wasn't exactly at the top of my "omigoshIreallywannadothis" list. But We all made it bearable. However, on Saturday I got Natalie to kiss my neck with this hectic lipstick on so it would leave a kiss mark, cuz I thought it looked cool, not realising it would stain my neck - which it did - and ended up looking like a Hicky. I had pictures to prove my innocence, but everyone chose not to believe me and went on to nickname me "Hiki Riki", which I found kinda funny:)... whilst on stage I asked a group of friends to keep my phone safe for me, instead they did this:(reffer to bright green image)... they made it my wallpaper, screensaver and start-up image on my phone... just to remind me;) evil... but cute:)

ANYWAY... I think I'm done now:) thanx to everyone who made these past few days awsm. I needed it! :)
***

No comments:

Post a Comment