Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Borrowed time...

I swore to myself I'd never post my own lyrics, poems or songs on the internet, but this time I think I should. Friday last week, a dear friend of mine's father passed away, after a long struggle against cancer. Last night inspiration hit me and I wrote this song, especially for her. Raffy - I Love you hun...

Borrowed time...

Standing Ovation 
This life I've created
I look back
and smile at those years

Body is Aching
This life that you're taking
has broken and reduced me to tears

We find him living on
Borrowed time
Teachers spread the word
Please don't make it hurt
Make it go away
Give me time
To try and say goodbye
and dry the tears from my eyes
and let him go...

I Try to keep breathing
suddenly I see him
Right here but so far away
Dark lines fall from me
while he's still above me
I pray for just one more excuse..

To keep him living on
Borrowed time
Can my thoughts be heard?
Will he keep his word
Make me understand.
Leaving behind
Belongings re-arranged
will it be the same?
I still wonder why...
I still wonder why...

No comments:

Post a Comment